With a good plastic card, the business possibilities are endless.
The quality and durability of plastic cards means they are used in lots of situations. Plastic cards are not just visually appealing, they can also easily interact with most machines.
Given this huge range of possibility, any business can find a good use for a printed plastic card.
- Plastic Can Be Eco-friendly
- You can reduce waste and keep used-up cards away from landfills by recycling your old plastic cards.
- PVC cards can also be biodegradable after four years when they are in contact with organic materials (like composite and soil).
- New cards can be made from recycled plastic too, further reducing the environmental footprint.
- Free Instant Plastic Card Quote
To learn more about plastic card printing, ask any questions or get a price quote, please fill out the form below. PLASTIC CARD PRINTERS
Not all plastic card printers are alike, and it’s important to find the right one for your needs.
Most card printers are available as single or dual-sided models. Plastic Card ID offers: Get award-winning service from experienced ID professionals.
The top printer brands that can be found on our easy-to-navigate website.
Read transparent product reviews from customers just like you! Savings of up to 50% on printers and supplies Rely on our experts for support before, during and after your purchase.
Five Key Things to Consider Before Investing in an ID Card Printer
Shopping for an ID card printer doesn’t have to be an overwhelming prospect. Instead, you can focus on these key factors to narrow your search. 1) Single or Dual Sided Printer
Most card printers are available in single or double-sided models.
Single sided are less expensive, but they require you to flip the cards if you want to print on both sides. Dual sided card printers are great for completing large orders quickly. 2) Dye Sublimation or Reverse Transfer
Dye sublimation printers are the most common and least expensive type of printer.
They use a ribbon with panels to infuse color onto the card, but often leave a tiny white border on each card, which can be obnoxious or come off as unprofessional. Reverse-transfer printers cost more, but can print all the way up to the edge of the card and also feature higher image transfer and color quality. 3) Volume Requirements
Companies that print larger batches will need printers with larger hopper sizes, faster print speeds, and high yield ribbons.
Companies that only print small amounts can save money by purchasing a handfed only printer, or printers without high volume features. 4) Lamination & Visual Security Laminating ID cards greatly increases their durability. For cards that will be swiped or otherwise regularly handled, this is a necessity.
Laminated cards also add enhanced security feature options, like holograms.
However, there are also less expensive ways for visual security measures, such as watermarks, holographic cardstock, and hologram stickers. 5. Connection type
All ID card printers can be directly connected to a PC with a USB cable.
Connecting to a Mac is possible with a printer that has Mac compatibility. Need to connect to a network to print from more than one computer? Then choose a printer that has an Ethernet. What are PVC ID Card Printers?
A PVC card printer is another name for an ID card printer.
PVC, or polyvinyl chloride, is a plastic used in a wide range of products. It is usually thought of in terms of construction, but it is a common material for ID cards, as well. A PVC card printer can refer to any type of photo ID maker. How Do PVC Card Printers Work?
PVC plastic card printers work using any number of methods to ensure a design on an ID card is properly transferred. The most common techniques to print on PVC cards include dye sublimation and reverse transfer. Dye Sublimation
Dye sublimation is probably the most popular method of printing. It uses a ribbon that has panels of three primary colors (cyan, yellow, and magenta) on its entire length.
When the card is being printed, heated elements in the print head pass over the ribbon, and evaporate the ink on the ribbon, thereby transferring it to the PVC card. Dye sublimation is a term commonly used with color PVC card printers - for a black and white PVC card printer, this process is called resin thermal transfer.
To download a brochure or to see a demonstration of how the Badgy Printer works, please go to:
For a demonstration of the Badgy Printer or to download an informational brochure go to: https://www.evolis.com/plastic-card-printers/badgy200-card-printer
The Evolis Badgy200 is the most affordable color plastic card printer on the market.
You do not need a dual-sided printer to print on both sides of the plastic card.
To print on a card back, you simply flip the card over manually.
This saves you approximately $600, which is the difference between a single-sided and dual-sided card printer.
Badgy offers turnkey solutions, for both PCs and Mac computers. They consist of the Evolis
Badgy provides you with a turnkey solution for PC or Mac. Consisting of a plastic card printer, the Evolis Badge Studio card personalization software, and a pack of consumables (color ribbon and blank plastic cards) for 100 prints.
In addition, a free card template library is available at www.badgy.com, where you can personalize the template of your choice, adding text, logos, photos, barcodes, and more. PRINTING ON DEMAND Badgy200 allows customers to print their cards immediately and independently.
Print your badges as you need them - as single cards or in small batches. SAVING TIME
Badgy200 has an output of 95 color cards per hour.
Additionally, you can import data from a database, while adding information to your card designs in one single click, all while launching a print run comprised of your badges and one command, that includes immense variable data.
A STRONGER BRAND IMAGE
The Badgy200 printer creates personalized cards with professional quality and edge-to-edge printing to highlight your organization’s brand image.
USER-FRIENDLY The Badgy200 is as easy to install and use as a standard office printer.
All you have to do is load the cards in the feeder and collect them from the hopper, which are both located on the front of the printer.
The printer can be controlled from your computer once the Badgy Premium Suite software is installed, by receiving alerts and notifications. It’s very easy to install and recognize the Badgy print ribbons.
COMPACT - These printers are smaller than the usual office printer, designed to easily fit into any setting without being a burden.
- This compact printer weighs just 9 pounds!
- Personalized Card Badges
- Since Badgy makes it possible few to print your own customize color badges on demand, this solution can be applied to instantly produced personalized secure cards for a variety of uses.
- A Card Printer
Instead of paper, you can easily print cards on plastic.
- Badgy empowers you to print the badges you want, whenever and wherever you need them, in full color and professional quality.
- Badgy200 card printer
- Product Features
- Easy operation
- The versatile print system is a breeze to install, and is used the same way as any ordinary office printer.
- The slim, unobtrusive design allows you to find a place for it in any type of setting.
- The Badgy200 is designed to print professional-quality color badges with ease.
- Badgy200 provides a solution for graphic personalization and instant card production, one at a time or in small batches.
- The Badgy200 color card printer is great for creating and printing personalized employee visitor and event badges or library student and membership cards.
- Badge Studio Plus and Badgy Premium Suite for Windows
- Badgy comes with a single installation CD that includes the Badge Studio + software, card templates, and the required printer driver.
- Design and print professional-looking, edge-to-edge badges or ID cards with the Evolis Badge Studio + software, included with Badgy200.
- You only need a basic familiarity with PC or Macintosh computers to have Badgy up and going in mere minutes.
- You can control all aspects of the printing process from a computer using Badgy Premium Suite.
- Printer management and configuration tools, complete with graphic notifications
- 24/7 online support
- We offer thousands of free card templates at badgy.com, where you can customize the template of your choosing and add photos, logos, text, and more.
- Color Ribbon, Cards, and Power Accessories
- Badgy200 B22U0000RS consist of all of the supplies and printer accessories that you will need to get started right away:
- 100 blank PVC cards, the size of a standard credit card
- Installation CD, including the printer driver, Badge Studio Plus software, and card template
- USB cable
- 100 blank PVC cards, the size of a standard credit card
Evolis Badgy200 System Description The Evolis Badgy200 Card Printing System is an affordable solution that is perfect for low-volume printing applications. This has proven to be a full, all-in-one solution, that, even though it is somewhat out of the box, it’s still great for beginners.
The Badgy System includes:
Evolis Badge Studio + card personalization software (compatible with Mac and PC)
An extensive online card template library
A consumables pack, including plastic cards and a ribbon
Badgy features a 25-card input/output tray at the front, ribbon reloading at the top, and the USB and power connection at the back.
In addition, the LCD control panel makes the Badgy200 card printer easy to operate.
Quality and cost-effectiveness The Badgy200 prints photographic quality plastic cards in full-color designs that cover the entire surface of the card. Badgy can also print barcodes which can be scanned.
Whether you print one or 100 cards, the overall cost of printing cards is impressively low and easy on your overall budget.
You can conserve both electricity and money when using hibernation mode.
Evolis Badgy Badgy200 Overview This printer utilizes dye sublimation and thermal transfer technology to produce prints at 300 dpi and with 2 million colors.
This model is incredibly speedy with a color YMCKO print speed of 95 cards per hour and a monochrome speed of 325 cards per hour.
Premium Suite includes:
The full-color YMCKO ribbon can print 100 jobs
Print personalized ID badges either one at a time or in batches with the Evolis Badgy whenever you need them. Gift and loyalty cards
Visitor badges Membership cards